Sunday, May 24, 2015

Christmas in May

Over at happy little stampers they are having a design team call on all of their blog challenges CAS Sketches... (which I forgot to put DT after my name (dunce should be my name  LOL) Well anyway It is all about having fun right? Stamping and making cards is what makes me happy and I have fun doing it. So even if I don't get chosen I will still stamp :)

This is the card I made for the Christmas challenge.. which is  why this challenge is awesome because by the time CHRISTmas rolls around all your cards are practically done. 

I took some plain brown wrapping paper and cut and tore it up on one side and adhered to my grey card base by a jute string. Nothing says Christmas to me than brown wrapping paper you can decorate it, write on it, stamp on it, tie it up with different color ribbon, etc etc etc. 


Then I stamped my two candy canes in red and then inked them with white chalk. Then stamped the little Merry Christmas in the corner. 


On the inside of the card I stamped the legend of the candy cane in the same ink and perforated the  card, punched a hole, put some jute string in it so it can be used as a book mark.


tada... card with a little gift. I love books and like to give some of my favorites that I have read throughout the year as a present topper. 



Hope you enJOYed 

2 comments:

  1. Love these candy canes, Leslee. I love your use of brown wrapping paper! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers and good luck with the DT call xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the torn brown wrapping paper ... and the jute ... this is a little gift all wrapped up in itself. Great idea to make the perforated part to alter to a bookmark! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete