Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Online Card class Day #3


On day 3 we are working on getting the most out of our Alphabet and Sentiment Stamps. I have so many alphabet stamps I got overwhelmed so I walked away got a cup of joe and came back and saw my new Tim Holtz  birthday blueprint set and die cut different color card stock out of each peace. Stamped the sentiment on each peace with distress ink in various shades to try and match the card stock. Clear embossed the icing candle and flame and popped it up off water color paper after stamping the background part of the stamp set,  tied some string and adhered to brown card stock the same as the cupcake base . I am really enjoying this class. I have noticed I am really trying to use what I have in my stash already. BUT I STILL HAVE MY WISH LIST. (grinning)



7 comments:

  1. What a great take on the technique and your card came out great. Using what you have in store at home feels great, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cecilie ... I agree it does feel good to use what you have. Actually it feels amazing :)

      Delete
  2. Your card caught my attention on the gallery page on the Stretch your Stamps site. I love the way you added Happy Birthday on the cupcake holder.

    Also, using your stash is smart. The cards I am working on now I am using stamps from my stash. However. my Wish List is growing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine. I actually stamped it on the frosting and the candle and the flame. In real life it is beautiful (IMHO) the picture just doesn't show it very well

      Delete
  3. I also saw your card at Stretch Your Stamps. It is just so cool! Love the way you stamped the greeting on the different parts of your paper-pieced cupcake! Great colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Love the words in the cupcake wrapper!

    ReplyDelete